Critical Structures, Inc. has specialized expertise in the engineering for entertainment structures.
We evaluate venues’ rigging framing, fly lofts and/or structural framing for their adequacy to hang production loads, including video, audio, cable grids, lighting and other items. We develop rigging guidelines for use by venues to provide guidance to visiting productions. We provide engineering for stageworks and trussing. We provide review of temporary exterior stages and requirements for ballasting. We provide engineering design and documentation for capital and operational improvements at entertainment facilities.
We have worked with the following venues:
- Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
- Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA
- Angel Stadium of Anaheim, CA
- Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA
- Fox Studios, Culver City, CA
- Hope International University, Fullerton, CA
- Island Hotel, Newport Beach, CA
- Journey of Faith, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Marriott, Irvine, CA
- New Life Community Church, Artesia, CA
- St. Timothy’s Catholic Church, Laguna Niguel, CA
- Sony Studio Stages, Culver City, CA
- Starlight Theatre, Balboa Park, San Diego, CA
- Terrace Theatre, Long Beach, CA
- Volcom, Costa Mesa, CA
- Whittier Area Community Church, CA
We understand the riggers’ language and needs, and we have worked on productions that featured the following performers: AC/DC, Batman Live, Bon Jovi, Britney Spears, Cher, Cirque du Soleil, Drake, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, How to Train Your Dragon, James Taylor & Carole King, J Lo, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Metallica, Michael Buble, Miley Cyrus, Moby, Pentatonix, Pink, Rihanna, Roger Waters, Star Wars in Concert, TED Talks, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Van Halen.
We look forward to working with You!